You all know I am a thrift shopper… today I wanted to share with you all a few of the outfits I have put together recently that were from the thrift store. As well as give you all some tips on shopping second hand.
First I love shopping at the thrift store. Often you find clothes that people have purchased and for one reason or another the item was never worn but given away.
Here are tips to make your experience great:
- When shopping at the thrift store be sure to look for brands you know last throughout the years. Some of my favorite brands are JCrew, Gap and Banana Republic. I live really close to Washington DC so finding these brands if fairly easy.
- Try to find newer pieces. If you find a shirt that is faded there is nothing you can do to bring it back to life.
- Shop in well to do areas. Going to the thrift store in more affluent areas you will be acquiring clothes from the people who have gotten rid of them.
- If you can find an item but you know you can find a similar item new for a smilier price I think it is better to just buy new. For example, I usually buy my basic shirts from target for about $5 I am not going to buy something like that form a thrift store.
- Go early in the morning. If you are looking for great items in good condition for a good price, other people are too. So beat them to the punch and get there when the store opens. You can always go out for breakfast when you are done.