Comfort is everything to me. I love coming up with ways to make lounge wear look put together. Over the last couple of weekends I can’t remember if I actually put on a pair of jeans. With the weather being as cold as it has been, I haven’t really even wanted to leave my house. Nonetheless, I still had prior engagements to attend, all while still wanting to be comfortable. Today, I wanted to share with you a few tips I use when keeping it comfy but cute.
- Start with a great pair of leggings. Here I have on a pair of faux leather leggings from Express. Lately, I have been seeing some really cute moto leggings. I think I will be getting a pair soon.
- Go Monochromatic. Something about wearing the same color from head to toe makes and outfit look so chic. My favorite is wearing all black, it adds an air of elegance to a look. That is exactly what we want when wearing lounge wear to be cute.
- Always cover your butt. Here is a rule to live by, when you wear leggings cover you butt. I have never seen leggings look flattering when the shirt does not come past the hips. I will be honest, I don’t follow this rule at the gym, but I am not trying to be put together for the gym (I mean I am, but in a different way).
- Add a third piece. This works whenever you are getting dressed. You have to add a third piece. Whether it be a statement necklace, a cardigan or jacket, or something as simple as a scarf, you have to have something that will finish off your outfit.
- Shoes. Your shoes are an accessory, so have fun with them. They really do make your outfit. In this outfit a pair of over the knee boots would have made this look completely different than sneakers. Both would be cute, but the sneakers would be much more casual.
I hope this helped you all and gave you a little inspiration on how to look cute in your lounge wear.