One of my favorite ways to put together an outfit is to pair basics and add a fun piece to bring it all home. In the styling world, it is called the third piece, or the finishing piece. Every outfit needs something to top it off, today I’m sharing five ways add the finishing touches on an outfit.
- Jacket or Vest – As shown here, I am wearing a vest over a pair of skinny jeans and a plain tee shirt. I also, like to do the same look with a jacket, but in the summer jackets are of course a bit to warm.
- Statement Jewelry – you can wear a big bold necklace, fun earrings, or a wrist full of bracelets. Whatever you decided to make sure you just pick one statement and let that be the focus.
- Shoes – I love making my shoes the main even in my outfit. Honestly, the shoes make the look so why not wear a pair of fun shoes. Imagine wearing an all-black outfit and metallic shoes, I’ve been loving that look this season.
- Bag – bold bags are great to make an outfit look very well styled, plus if you are anything like me, you like to have a lot more accessories and more classic pieces. An outfit will always pop when you accessories are fun.
- Let the basics be the look- wearing a monochromatic look is a statement in itself. My favorite is wearing all black or all white. I think it is such a chic look and that says a lot.