- Dream out the future. Take a walk through model homes imagining about what your future will be like.
- Go sightseeing in your city. We always tend to take advantage of the sites we have in our own backyard.
- Have an indoor picnic. I’ve always wanted to have an indoor picnic, but we usually just eat on the couch and that turns into our picnic.
- Turn your dining room into a highend restaurant. Most of the time when we think of date night it usually has food involved. It would be so cool if we used the good plates. Light a candle and have a dinner worthy of white tablecloths and napkins.
- Go Exploring. Hands down one of my favorite things to do. It’s always fun to explore in new locations just to see what they may have to offer.
It’s Love Week! Today I’m sharing with you a few looks that would be perfect for date night. This is typically one of the
Jacket: Nordstrom Rack ~ Shirt: Target ~ Pants: TRUNK CLUB ~ shoes: T.J. Maxx
We had a few days of really comfortable weather this week and now I ’m excited about spring. If you are new around here spring is my favorite time of year. There is something about being able to spend time outside with it not being too hot or too cold. Don’t even get me thinking out the spring runs and outdoor workouts.
I am starting to round out my spring basic wardrobe so you can have quick outfits that will always work when you are in a pinch. HInt jackets will be involved.
With Valentine’s Day slowly creeping up on us. I thought today would be a great day to tell you all about my crazy feelings about Valentine’s Day. Hold on tight because it’s a bumpy ride. First, I really want to care, honestly, I do, but I just don’t think I am a fan. I think a lot of people assume that because I’m married (and we are happy) I should care a lot about this “holiday.” The expectations I put on myself and Frank takes all the fun out of it and I all I really want to do is just hang out and relax.
After thinking about it, when I was single I would watch all my friends getting dressed up to go out on dates, only for me to stay home and just hang out by myself on Valentine’s Day. Of course, I was so dramatic about it. I would lay in my bed with all the light out as if I was in mourning. If that were today, I would have made a fun evening out of it, got some amazing take out and put on my favorite movie and have a good time alone or with other singles.
After a while, I was in a relationship and I thought to myself, you know what I think I should care about Valentine’s Day. So I would do all the fun things like find a new outfit, look up really fancy restaurants that had the perfect ambiance. Only to be let down every time, because I had unrealistic expectations. My husband (then boyfriend) is a cheeseburger and fries type of guy. For me to expect something else and for it to be amazing is unrealistic. He would have to stretch himself so far out of his comfort zone for something that isn’t that serious. Don’g get me wrong he tries, but when you have the type of expectations I have, failure is ineveitable.
Moving on today, we celebrate but in a way that works for us. One of my new year’s resolutions was to remove my expectations for things that really don’t matter. If Frank and I want to sit back and relax, watch a movie at home with Chinese food on Valentine’s Day, we can, and no one should tell us that we should be going out if that is not what brings us joy.
Moral of the story, be you and enjoy yourself. If you like to make a big deal out of Valentine’s Day DO IT and have fun with it. I do enjoy sending out cards to my friends and family, telling them how much I love them. I promise I am not a Valentine’s Day Grinch 🙂 Keep an eye out on the blog because you will be seeing a few posts coming up for inspiration.
*I styled this look in the summer, check it out here.
Shop the Look
I purchased this amazing coat back in August. I have been waiting and waiting for the weather to get cold enough to wear this coat. Fun story about this coat, I found it at T.J. Maxx but I was planning to purchase a jacket just like this from Nordstrom. I got this one for much less of course. Today I want to share with you how to find deals on clothes.
- Shop around. If you are shopping department stores make sure you know where the sales are. I find that many department stores carry the same lines, so if one store is having a sale shop there of course.
- Wait – If you wait most likely the item you have been looking for will go on sale or promotion. For example, I love J-Crew and the Gap but their clothes are expensive full price. Every other week they have a 40% off sale. That is when I attack!
- Use your points – Many stores offer reward points… USE Them eventually you will get a coupon or your points will add up and you could get a dollar off coupon.
- Think second hand – currently, I am thinking and planning to purchase a luxury bag. My current plan is to find a really good used one. I also do the same thing with coats. Make sure they are gently used.
It is cold. I don’t really know how I feel about this change in weather lol. With the change in weather, I’ve been feeling the changes in my skin as well. My face and body have been feeling dryer than usual. Now it’s time to move into winter hydration mode. Here are a few ways I keep my skin hydrated in the winter.
WATER: First and foremost, if I don’t drink enough water I can feel it in my skin. We all know we are made up of a lot of water, and we have to replenish ourselves with hydration daily. I have a tendency to not drink as much water as I should when it starts to get colder outside. My favorite water bottle is the hydro flask it’s amazing because it keeps your liquids hot or cold. I make a smoothie at night and in the morning it is still in its perfect smoothing consistency.
MOISTURIZE: I use a thicker cream in the winter and a mistrusting body wash to keep my skin as hydrated as possible. Currently, I am using a really thick cream in the evening. Here is the cream I’ve been loving lately, it works great for face and body.
What are some of your skin concerns in the winter? How do you combat them? Share with us in the comments.
I love this time of year, simply because of the sequins. If it’s not sequins it’s the metallics, or the sparkles… I just love it! This is an old outfit I contemplated posting again this year. I decided to post it because – why not! It’s cute and sparkly, perfect for this time of year.
What’s something you look forward to wearing each holiday season.
How was your cyber week? Did you find amazing deals? I would love to hear what your favorite purchase was over the last couple of days. Now that we are past Thanksgiving, it is time to start thinking about all the Christmas or Holiday parties we plan to attend. Guys, I love to dress up and this is my favorite time of the year to style. Sequins, velvet, and furs… I will take those to style any day. I have a couple of orders coming soon and can’t wait to share them with you.
To start that season off here is my first party look. If you are going to a party where you would be overdressed if you wore a gown, this look would be great for you because it is still festive but slightly casual.
– 50% Off entire store
– 40% off everything with code THANKFUL.
– 20% off site wide with code ALLWEEK. .
Neiman Marcus Last Call
– Enjoy 45% off jewelry.
– 20% Off Apparel and Outerwear .
– 20% Off Black Friday Sale with code BLKFRI.
– Black Friday Clearance! Receive an extra 30% off.
Saks Off Fifth
– Extra 50% off.
– Thankful Sale: Up To 60% Off Select Shoes, Bags & Apparel.
– BOGO site wide.
Here are some of my pics for today’s sales: