- Dream out the future. Take a walk through model homes imagining about what your future will be like.
- Go sightseeing in your city. We always tend to take advantage of the sites we have in our own backyard.
- Have an indoor picnic. I’ve always wanted to have an indoor picnic, but we usually just eat on the couch and that turns into our picnic.
- Turn your dining room into a highend restaurant. Most of the time when we think of date night it usually has food involved. It would be so cool if we used the good plates. Light a candle and have a dinner worthy of white tablecloths and napkins.
- Go Exploring. Hands down one of my favorite things to do. It’s always fun to explore in new locations just to see what they may have to offer.
It is cold. I don’t really know how I feel about this change in weather lol. With the change in weather, I’ve been feeling the changes in my skin as well. My face and body have been feeling dryer than usual. Now it’s time to move into winter hydration mode. Here are a few ways I keep my skin hydrated in the winter.
WATER: First and foremost, if I don’t drink enough water I can feel it in my skin. We all know we are made up of a lot of water, and we have to replenish ourselves with hydration daily. I have a tendency to not drink as much water as I should when it starts to get colder outside. My favorite water bottle is the hydro flask it’s amazing because it keeps your liquids hot or cold. I make a smoothie at night and in the morning it is still in its perfect smoothing consistency.
MOISTURIZE: I use a thicker cream in the winter and a mistrusting body wash to keep my skin as hydrated as possible. Currently, I am using a really thick cream in the evening. Here is the cream I’ve been loving lately, it works great for face and body.
What are some of your skin concerns in the winter? How do you combat them? Share with us in the comments.
- Be Energized- Being tired on Black Friday is all apart of the experience. Make sure you have your venti-sized coffee in hand so you can stay focused and get those amazing deals.
- Be Comfortable- We already established you’re going to be tired, there is nothing worse than being tired and uncomfortable. Check out my post on what to wear for Black Friday Shopping.
- Be Patient- You already know everywhere is going to packed. Acknowledge it and go with it. You are going to be waiting in long lines, people will be rude but that is all apart of the experience.
- Have a game plan- Determine ahead of time what you are looking for and what stores you want to visit. If you are looking for a new TV (like me) you may want to go to Best Buy first because they will sell out of the door-busters really quick. Then move on to the other places on your list. CHECK OUT MY POST ON THIS YEARS GAME PLAN.
- Have Fun- Black Friday is an experience, me and my family like to go and just have a good time. Remember most of the things you are shopping for are material things and we can all live without them. Enjoy your time and be happy we are in the Christmas season now.
So many black women, choose not to go to the gym for fear of messing up their hairstyle. It’s no secret we try to make a look last as long as we can. But when we are spending an hour sweating every other day that cute hairstyle may not last very long.
One question I get often is how I work out, without it affecting my hair. I think I’ve mastered the trick. But let’s be honest here. I do wear my hair natural more often than not. When my hair is straight, I am most likely not doing any heavy workouts (prob. just yoga lol).
My secret is… I do my hair twice a week. I wash or co-wash my hair on Sunday, do my style depending on what I am feeling that week. usually a twist-out. Then I go about my life. Every night I pineapple my hair, which means putting it into a really high ponytail. Then on Wednesday night I spray my hair with water and re-twist to get me through the rest of the week. This routine has been working for me for about a year. Sometimes that Wednesday refresh doesn’t happen and it is a bun for the rest of the week. Which is fine because I love a big curly bun. I think the major key is, to pineapple. I work out in a high ponytail and I sleep in it at night.
What are your tricks to help your hair last through your tough workouts? I would love to hear.
So many people are chronically dehydrated. It is recommended that we each get at least 8, 8oz glasses of water a day. Or you can drink half your body weight in ounces. Whatever is manageable. All day I’m drinking water to try to stay hydrated.
I’ve discovered the best way to ensure you are drinking the recommended amount of water is to have an amazing cup you are excited to drink out of. My favorite of all favorites is they hydroflask. I bought my first one last November and I was hooked. I love how they don’t sweat when you have cold water in it. You can leave them in the car and your water will stay cool. They even come with interchangeable tops. Some days you may want a cup, others you may want a straw. Whatever you like it is customizable.
If you are looking for a way to get more water into your diet, try using this amazing water bottle and see if you are instantly hydrated.
Last year I watched a documentary about minimalism. Ever since I’ve been fascinated with the topic. Something about living a more simpler life sounds so amazing. Imagine you won’t have to spend the entire day cleaning and wake up to an immaculate home. Sounds like a dream come true to me.
Those of you who love fashion and styling just like me, here are a few ways I like to keep my closet as minimal as I possibly can.
- Just buy what you need. Having a closet full of 8 v-neck black shirts is unnecessary. If you prefer a black v-neck, get a really good one that will last you through the season.
- Know your style. I talk a lot about personal style here, but knowing your personal style will take you a long way when building a wardrobe. For example, I prefer a more basic color palette, so when I come across that neon green cardigan, I know it won’t work in my closet and therefore I need not buy it. No matter how cute it may be.
- Stick to basics. Basics will bring you a long way. Now, if you have to have that neon green cardigan, you could buy it because your basics will make a great backdrop to this cardigan.
- Don’t keep up with the Joneses. This is what minimalism is all about. Not being sucked into consumerism. You can have everything you need to style an outfit but not go overboard. You don’t need those Gucci slides in the summer just because everyone has them, the black sandals you already have are just as cute.
- Discard often. I like to get rid of things very often, simply because I shop a lot. It’s the one in one out principle of minimalism.
Overall, if you want to live a minimalist lifestyle you can, but you may just put your joy into your closet. Which is fine because you can do minimalism your way.
Today is my 3 year wedding anniversary. Time goes by so fast. I thought instead of sharing more wedding photos, I will share a video Frank and I did 4 years ago after we got engages. It is one of my favorite videos, simply because it is so funny.
This weekend, Frank and I went on a couple’s weekend with some friends. We went to New York City, while there we decided to catch a few shows and take in the city. Here are a couple of shots and a few outfit post.
We decided to take the train to New York, which is something I’ve never done before. I have to say it was one of the most relaxing travel days I may have ever had. I have been on a train a few times, but taking it to the city alleviated so much stress. I would recommend it to everyone.
After we got to New York, we checked into our hotel, which was right in the middle of Time Square. It was perfect, we walked pretty much everywhere. It was live, and there was always something to do. The excitement is what made the trip so much fun.
Later that night, we caught our first show, Ice Man Cometh, starring Denzel Washington. It was great, and fun fact, this was my first Broadway show and it was so worth it.
On Saturday, we hung out, did a little shopping and just enjoyed the city. We almost took a bus tour but we then found out the cost of the tour was inflated a lot, in order to give the salesperson an extremely high commission. It was odd the way it happened so we decided against it.
Saturday night, was the best. The moment I have been waiting for for so long 😉 Aladdin. It was so worth the wait. I loved it so much, a few years ago I saw Cinderella, and it was just as good if not better. The effects of the show were spectacular. If you have a chance to go see it, I give it two thumbs up!
I thrive off of routines. It takes a lot of stress and procrastination away from me when I have a plan and stick to it. I have been working on creating an evening routine especially on week nights because I have been finding myself staying up way too late trying to get things done because I spent more time doing pointless things (as I exit out of my YouTube tab). I am sure we all have this problem.
I started to write a morning routine. But to be perfectly honest, I don’t have one. On the days I have to go to work, I get out of bed at the very last minute. Run through the house like a Tasmanian devil. Typically, with an attitude mad at myself thinking “why didn’t I wake up in enough time so I didn’t have to rush? ” I am a work in progress when it comes to mornings. That said, I make sure I have everything done and ready the night before. In the morning all I have to do is get myself together and get out the door. I even put cream in my coffee cup so I don’t even have to measure the amount.
Here is my evening routine:
4pm – Gym
5pm – Once home, hop in the shower
6pm – Eat Dinner and relax and watch TV
7pm – Work on the blog
9pm- Get read for bed and prepare for the next day. After that I read before bed
10pm/10:30- Pray and go to bed
I consider myself to be a fitness enthusiast. Lately, I have been going to the gym and working out more consistently that I have in a couple of years. I’ve made some small changes that have made such a big difference in working out regularly.
- Go to a gym near you. Weather you go to a gym that is close to your job or right up the street from your house you will be more motivated to go when you see in the gym on a regular basis. In the past, I was a member of a gym that was about 20 minutes from my house and was not on my typical route home. I would find myself making up every excuse as to why I can’t make the gym that day.
- Always keep workout clothes in your car. There has been many times when I was out running errands and had a little time where I could run and have a quick workout.
- Create a schedule. Making a schedule is a great way I hold myself accountable. For example I never have plans on Wednesdays, and I know not to make plans because I go to the gym right after work.
- Walk. If you feel like you don’t have time take a walk.
- Love you workout clothes. Every so often I like to update my workout clothes if you have great workout clothes and don’t use them, they will be wasted.