- Dream out the future. Take a walk through model homes imagining about what your future will be like.
- Go sightseeing in your city. We always tend to take advantage of the sites we have in our own backyard.
- Have an indoor picnic. I’ve always wanted to have an indoor picnic, but we usually just eat on the couch and that turns into our picnic.
- Turn your dining room into a highend restaurant. Most of the time when we think of date night it usually has food involved. It would be so cool if we used the good plates. Light a candle and have a dinner worthy of white tablecloths and napkins.
- Go Exploring. Hands down one of my favorite things to do. It’s always fun to explore in new locations just to see what they may have to offer.
I purchased this amazing coat back in August. I have been waiting and waiting for the weather to get cold enough to wear this coat. Fun story about this coat, I found it at T.J. Maxx but I was planning to purchase a jacket just like this from Nordstrom. I got this one for much less of course. Today I want to share with you how to find deals on clothes.
- Shop around. If you are shopping department stores make sure you know where the sales are. I find that many department stores carry the same lines, so if one store is having a sale shop there of course.
- Wait – If you wait most likely the item you have been looking for will go on sale or promotion. For example, I love J-Crew and the Gap but their clothes are expensive full price. Every other week they have a 40% off sale. That is when I attack!
- Use your points – Many stores offer reward points… USE Them eventually you will get a coupon or your points will add up and you could get a dollar off coupon.
- Think second hand – currently, I am thinking and planning to purchase a luxury bag. My current plan is to find a really good used one. I also do the same thing with coats. Make sure they are gently used.
I love this time of year, simply because of the sequins. If it’s not sequins it’s the metallics, or the sparkles… I just love it! This is an old outfit I contemplated posting again this year. I decided to post it because – why not! It’s cute and sparkly, perfect for this time of year.
What’s something you look forward to wearing each holiday season.
Well hello, there sunshine.
Today instead of talking about fun fashion items and styling cute outfits, I wanted to say to you, you are amazing. Point, blank, period, you are amazing. Over the past couple of years, I have developed this way of thinking, constantly reminding myself (and those around me) I don’t have to have a reason to make a certain decisions, or justify why I want to do something. For example, if there is a really cute sweater that I want, I don’t have to justify why I should allow myself to purchase it. Typically, in my head, I would say, “well I already have a sweater that I love in a similar color. I shouldn’t get this one too because they are too close.” Now I just tell myself, “I like it and that is enough.” If it is similar that’s okay because they are not exactly the same. I don’t need a reason to buy the sweater that I obviously want. Feel me?
Here’s why I think you’re amazing. Simply because you are you. How boring would the world be if we all acted the same way? Variety is the spice of life, I love sitting in a populated area and just watch all the different people live their lives. Each person is so different in their own way and that is beautiful. The amazing Dr. Suess once said “today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” This is actually one of my favorite quotes.
If you enjoy inspirational things and like to share those things with the world, you may enjoy this clothing line I have fallen love with. It’s Beacon Threads, they are a Christian clothing company specializing in t-shirts. If you see anything you like, they have given my readers 20% off if you use JAZMINMAC at checkout.
I would love it if you left me a comment below, sharing your favorite quote.
Self-expression has never been my strong suit. When I was younger I would dress according to how I was feeling. I would want to be comfortable if I had a busy day ahead and when I felt confident I would dress up.
Beacon Threads is amazing for my self-expression because I love Jesus and to be able to showcase my love for Him through my clothing and style is amazing. You can check out their site here. If you have a chic style you will love their stuff. They have amazing sweatshirts and sweatpants that will keep you warm and stylish in the colder months.
You can get 20% off if you use the code JAZMINMAC at checkout.
Today’s look screams summer! It actually reminds me of my childhood. A tank top, shorts, and sneakers were my summer uniform. Back in the good old days, I spent my summers riding bikes, playing tag, and making up obstacle courses. What were some of your best summer memories?
Last year I watched a documentary about minimalism. Ever since I’ve been fascinated with the topic. Something about living a more simpler life sounds so amazing. Imagine you won’t have to spend the entire day cleaning and wake up to an immaculate home. Sounds like a dream come true to me.
Those of you who love fashion and styling just like me, here are a few ways I like to keep my closet as minimal as I possibly can.
- Just buy what you need. Having a closet full of 8 v-neck black shirts is unnecessary. If you prefer a black v-neck, get a really good one that will last you through the season.
- Know your style. I talk a lot about personal style here, but knowing your personal style will take you a long way when building a wardrobe. For example, I prefer a more basic color palette, so when I come across that neon green cardigan, I know it won’t work in my closet and therefore I need not buy it. No matter how cute it may be.
- Stick to basics. Basics will bring you a long way. Now, if you have to have that neon green cardigan, you could buy it because your basics will make a great backdrop to this cardigan.
- Don’t keep up with the Joneses. This is what minimalism is all about. Not being sucked into consumerism. You can have everything you need to style an outfit but not go overboard. You don’t need those Gucci slides in the summer just because everyone has them, the black sandals you already have are just as cute.
- Discard often. I like to get rid of things very often, simply because I shop a lot. It’s the one in one out principle of minimalism.
Overall, if you want to live a minimalist lifestyle you can, but you may just put your joy into your closet. Which is fine because you can do minimalism your way.
One of my favorite ways to put together an outfit is to pair basics and add a fun piece to bring it all home. In the styling world, it is called the third piece, or the finishing piece. Every outfit needs something to top it off, today I’m sharing five ways add the finishing touches on an outfit.
- Jacket or Vest – As shown here, I am wearing a vest over a pair of skinny jeans and a plain tee shirt. I also, like to do the same look with a jacket, but in the summer jackets are of course a bit to warm.
- Statement Jewelry – you can wear a big bold necklace, fun earrings, or a wrist full of bracelets. Whatever you decided to make sure you just pick one statement and let that be the focus.
- Shoes – I love making my shoes the main even in my outfit. Honestly, the shoes make the look so why not wear a pair of fun shoes. Imagine wearing an all-black outfit and metallic shoes, I’ve been loving that look this season.
- Bag – bold bags are great to make an outfit look very well styled, plus if you are anything like me, you like to have a lot more accessories and more classic pieces. An outfit will always pop when you accessories are fun.
- Let the basics be the look- wearing a monochromatic look is a statement in itself. My favorite is wearing all black or all white. I think it is such a chic look and that says a lot.
This year I have been in love with midi skirts. I used to think they were not flattering on me because of where they hit on my leg. This summer, I’ve been loving the length. I feel like I’ve been taking more risk when it comes to fit. I am not big into heels and I think the most flattering way to wear a midi length is with heels (like shown above). Who cares- I like the length even if it makes me look shorter, it’s still fun. Everything doesn’t have to highlight my best features, but it does have to be fun. I have more of a classic style and that can get boring really fast. What fashion risk have you been taking lately?
Recently, I found these amazing pants at Express. Lately, I feel i’ve been finding some great items there.
Today, I wanted to talk to you all about how I like to shop to find the best deals. I have three super easy tips that can help you find really great things in store. Let’s hop into my tips.
- Do a quick walk through the entire store, and always check out the sale rack. Sometimes you can find some of the best items on the sale rack.
- Have an idea of what you are looking for. Lately, I’ve been in the need of pants that I could wear to work, so I focused more on that area of the store.
- Use the dressing room. I’ve noticed that sometimes when things are on an amazing sale they may be final sale. Before you buy make sure you try.