Happy Valentine’s Day Friends!!!! I would be remised if I didn’t tell you all to have an amazing day! I pray you all have a chance to spend today with a loved one!
Happy official first day of summer! Hopefully that means life is going to slow down enough for you to stop and smell the roses or at least read a good book 🙂 I have been getting back in to reading lately and I have been loving it. A fashion blogger I follow always gives the best book reviews and each time she provides amazing books that I always love. I enjoy thrillers… one of my favorite books is Gone Girl, and I have a few book reviews I plan do in the near future. Until I get that together here are books I am looking forward to getting my eyeballs on 🙂 Happy reading!
- Go on a road tip- As long as I am not the one driving, this is the best thing to do on a nice warm day. It is the best when you hop in the car and drive to a place you haven’t been before and spend the day exploring.
- Start gardening- I have to admit I don’t have a green thumb and don’t have much interest in planting, on the other hand things look so much better when you plant some pretty flowers in you front yard. I did this for the first time in the fall and loved the way the yard looked.
- Ride my bike- Let me ask you, as an adult have you been on a bike ride? If you haven’t it is one of my favorite things to do. The weather has to be just right, if you take a leasure ride with amazing scenery you will love it too!
- Run 3 miles in 30 minutes- This is a new goal I have set for myself. I am not the best long distance runner, but there is nothing wrong with striving to be better. I love to work out and challenge myself. I will keep you posted and let you know if I ever succeed.
- Stop and smell the roses- I tend to run myself very thin. This spring I want to take more time for myself and relax more.
Good Morning Love Bugs,
Today is my five year dating anniversary with my husband Frank! It is so crazy when I saw that it was five years today, I was shocked that it has been that long, three years sounds more accurate. I guess time really does fly when you are having fun. I can’t believe this summer we would have been married for two year. Goodness!
In honor of our anniversary, I will give you all a fun fact about us. We actually, met on the very first day of undergrad. At our school on move in day, they have a Freshman Welcome Party… there is where we met.
I hope you all have a great day today 🙂
Merry Christmas Friends,
We wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
Now that I have introduced blogmas to you all, I told you there will be some surprises along the way… I didn’t tell you there will be GIVEAWAYS!!!!
Today’s giveaway will be this fragrance sampler from Ulta. If you are anything like me then you are constantly looking for your signature scent. Honestly, I am starting to believe they don’t exist, but there is always hope. With this giveaway you will be able to sample 14 fragrances. Included in this set are:
Calvin Klein Euphoria – Coach- Kate Spade New York Walk on Air – Michael Kors Wunderlist – Philosophy Amazing Grace – Prada Candy – Versace Bright Crystal – Clinique Happy – Juicy Couture I Love Juicy Couture – Lance La Vie Est Belle – Mugler Alien – Pink Sugar Pink Flower – Ralph Lauren Romance – Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium
Here are the rules:
- Subscribe to this blog
- Follow me on Instagram
- Leave me a comment letting me know your favorite perfume
The giveaway will be open for one week. ****CLOSED****
Since I posted my fitness routine… I have received a few inquiries about my diet. I promise it is the simplest diet ever, but there are a few components to it. First, I have been gluten free for about four years. I have a stomach condition called Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), per doctor’s orders I shouldn’t eat gluten or consume dairy, along the years I learned I have a hard time processing meat as well. This is what has shaped my diet today.
In a nutshell, I eat vegetables, chicken and turkey. I try really hard to stay away from processed food, but on occasion I do eat brown rice pasta, or gluten free bread… Udis, is my favorite. Gluten free food has come a long way, when I first transitioned to a gluten free diet, I didn’t eat any of the specialized foods, they were so gross. Now they are pretty good, I can even get my husband to have some too. Unfortunately, they tend to be high in sugar and other not so great things to make it taste good, which is why I eat them only on occasion.
Here is my typical day of eating for me.
Breakfast: Coffee… I like to use a lot of cream in my coffee so it increased the calories a lot and it fills me.
Morning Snack: Fruit, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, serving size oatmeal.
Lunch: Salad, soup, leftovers typically.
Afternoon Snack: Fruit, tea (with cream), protein shake, Gluten free cookies, or desert of some kind.
Dinner: Anything goes!
Evening Snack: Usually a popsicle, tea (no cream), fruit, sometimes a tiny bit of ice cream.
Things to note: I do consume dairy and gluten on very small scales. I eat fried foods which contain gluten, and I do eat ice cream. The coffee creamer I use is nondairy and I eat my ice cream out of a small Dixie cup. I think it is important to say I do not have Celiac’s Disease, for those of you who do, please do not consume gluten. Remember you should always consult a doctor when making changes to your diet or fitness routine.
By the way… I HATE eggs and ketchup!
It is sweater weather now y’all! I love this sweater! It is so cozy! It is like wearing my PJ’s in the street. 🙂 This sweater is so warm I love it! It is something you can throw over a simple T-shirt and a cute pair of shoes… done. Those are my favorite type of outfits, quick and just thrown together. I found this lovely sweater at Burlington’s.